Tonight’s post is dedicated to my good friend John who is genuinely one of the best guys I know. He is kind, brilliant, honest, loyal, loving, and has the biggest heart. He is a rare breed indeed and I knew the first time I laid eyes on him that there wasn’t an ounce of bad in him.
So recently when he was hurt by someone and feeling a little blue my heart went out to him. He’s never one to feel sorry for himself and always puts others first. Today he told me the most beautiful and uplifting story that I’ve heard in a long time. The story taught me to never judge a book by its cover because you never know who might just change your life, mood, and perspective for the better in a matter of minutes.
Please enjoy this uplifting story. It put a big smile on my face and I hope it does to others as well. People can be cruel sometimes and we can focus so obsessively on the why’s and the how’s of these cruel behaviors. But, sometimes we get lucky and have a mere stranger, a homeless man in this case, set us straight. Maybe there really are angels out there, John I think you found one today.
(Hope this story helps at least one other person)
To set up the story I have been in a semi bad mood for a week and a really bad mood since the weekend (I know it might be hard to believe but lol yes me…and work is phenomenal so it’s not that)
Sooo I was walking down the street today and made a right turn around the corner of a building, walked another 50 feet past a homeless gentlemen named Timothy who was walking towards me. Here is our conversation:
• Timothy: It’s not worth it
• Me: (Completely in my own world) Pardon, what was that?
• Timothy: Whatever you are thinking about, it’s not worth it
• Me: Lol, how’d you know I am thinking in a stressed way?
• Timothy: You’re face was scrunched like I have never seen anyone…did you try your best?
• Me: Yeah
• Timothy: Did you give it your all?
• Me: Yeah
• Timothy: Did you do it the right way?
• Me: Yeah
• Timothy: Stick your arms out like a helicopter and turn 360 degrees
• Me: Okay (Right when I saw Timothy again)
• Timothy: That’s all you can control. Move on. I don’t know why it didn’t work either timing, situation, etc…just move on being that stressed is never worth it.
• Me: (Complete smiles) Wow, thank you. You completely snapped it out of me.
(Some people have said Timothy was an angel, I don’t know what he was but it certainly helped turn my world upside down and I just hope it can help you or someone you know too)